Monday, August 25, 2014

Tut, Tut, looks like RAIN

TUT, TUT, LOOKS LIKE RAIN!  

Earlier today we received the final pathology results from my surgeon, Dr. Dunbar.  She informed me that 5 of nodes removed from under my right arm had signs of cancer and that the tumor removed was 2.5 cm, not 4 cm as they originally thought which was good news.  However, there was some unfortunate news as well...all of the margins around the removed tumor were not free from cancer.  Therefore, I will need to have another surgery next week to remove some additional tissue.  This outpatient surgery will not be as involved as the first and should only slightly delay the beginning of my treatment.  I might even be able to have the existing drains removed at the time of this surgery.  Fingers crossed for that!

This was by no means the news I wanted to hear, but I was totally aware it was a possibility.  Today in my Hundred Acre Wood it does look and feel like rain, so I have grabbed my umbrella to take shelter and regroup for just a short time.  However, I know that tomorrow is a new day and another opportunity for me to accept my illness and all it brings.  I plan to be ready for the challenge!

I hope each of you will rally around us once again as we prepare for this additional surgery as it's another important step to ensure I will ultimately be cancer free.  More details will follow once available.


2 comments:

  1. You will be Cancer Free Claim it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, Christina - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete