Thursday, August 28, 2014

Eventually

Not much has happened since my last post other than rest and recovery.  I am blessed to have my mom, husband, as well as Joshua and Angela continuously by side to help with whatever I need.  They have been awesome and I couldn't do this without them.

For the most part, there isn't much pain.  I am just really sore (especially the area under my arm) and continue working on improving my range of motion.  To be honest, the worst part thus far is that I had an allergic reaction to the tegaderm adhesive securing my drainage tubes.  The adhesive was causing severe irritation and some minor burns to my skin.  It felt fantastic when the nurse removed this large patch of adhesive yesterday!

The drains themselves are inconvenient but are part of the process.  Oh how wonderful it will be when they can be removed.  It doesn't sound like they would both come out next week at surgery but maybe at least one will.  I can honestly say I will not miss them when they are gone!  (FYI...the surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, September 3 at 8:30, again at Saint Thomas Midtown.)

I really was down the other day when I learned there would be another surgery.  Thankfully there was so much support from many of you via text, on this blog or on facebook.  These messages offered needed encouragement so there there wasn't much time or reason to be gloomy.  As Eeyore said,

"The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops.  EVENTUALLY."  

Thanks for reminding me that the sun would be out again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment